9/3/07

Example of Lack of Focal Point


Typography The Annual of the Type Directors Club, 2004, p.75
Niklas Troxler, Switzerland, Jazz in Willisau Poster

I am posting this to show an example of a design with a lack of focal point. The design show lots of unity with color, proximity, and repetition. The designer is hoping to pull the viewer in with the hidden letters. And it must be a good design since it's in an Annual, but I actually found it confusing. It's a poster announcing a jazz festival, but even knowing what it's supposed to say doesn't help to find the message.

1 comment:

Kaylea.Donley said...

I agree with you. This one has no focal point and it is very confusing. When I first looked at it I thought, wow, pretty colors but it makes me dizzy. Then I went on to read what you said. Good example for no focal point.