3/13/08

Symbols!


Society of Illustrators 46th Annual of American Illustration, p131
J. Otto Seibold, Editorial

I found this to be a great example of using symbols in Illustrator. Look at all of the symbols used - birds, stars, windows, anchors, dolphins. I also find this artwork entertaining because of the theme. This would be my husband's idea of paradise - movies on a boat in the tropics near an island. One question, why do you think the flag is on fire on the boat? The illustration was used in a summer movie preview article.

2 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Really a cool use of symbols. This is a neat picture to look at because of the details. Nice job.

Drew said...

All those symbols really work together in this image. I guess if you have alot of time and you know more about symbols, it pays off! I still get frustrated with the symbol sprayer at times