9/12/08

Fun with Letters!


The Big Book of Logos 3, 2002, p20
Albuquerque Arts Alliance, Dean Gianopoulos, Tom Antreasian, Kevin Tolman, logo
This reminded me of the face exercise we did. I thought it was a very clever logo since the a's are connected representing an alliance. The double a's stand for Albuquerque and Arts, and the underlying bracket reinforces the concept of an alliance. I tried the font identifiers but couldn't find a match for the typeface. The style is a sans-serif and the function is identity.


The Big Book of Logos 3, 2002, p24
Henning Gutmann - The Gutmann Group, Mary Valencia, logo
I chose this example because of the emphasis on the letter g. I've learned that this letter is important in determining a typeface and I've noticed some type posters tend to use the g as a background image (including mine). I really like the g. It's such an artsy letter. I thought this logo used the g very effectively. It is another repetition of a visual g that reinforces the company's name. It looks like the gutmann group is looking at you!
The font is gill sans and the function is identity.

No comments: