9/30/08


Typography 27, p280
PampaType Digital Foundry, Rayuela Chocolate 2.0, Alejandro Lo Celso, poster

What a fun way to display a typeface! Typography has taught me the importance of that little g and boy, does this poster show it. I love how it's the center of attention surrounded by all of the other letters. It's amazing how much detail is in a letterform when it's blown up out of proportion and you can see all of the little nuances. I found myself looking at the other letters around the wheel to see what else stands out. But, here's the best part - the font is named Rayuela Chocolate. Who wouldn't like a font named after chocolate? Kind of makes me wonder if the font is arranged in a circle to represent a chocolate candy and the g is the filling inside.
The font is a very bold serif and this is an example of self-promotion in a Barnum and Bailey sort of way!

No comments: